“I just wanted to say how great this site is. The Macro-Nutrient and Daily Calorie Needs
calculators I use all the time. Thank you!”
A series of videos demonstrating a number of workouts.
Sample Workout Plans
Popular Fitness Programs
My Mobile Minute
Teaches how to get fit in 60 seconds. Endorsed by Dr Phil, this program encourages a short burst of exercise right before meals to boost metabolism.
Popular DVD-based program featuring 12 minute workouts intended to bring about fat loss. Much cheaper alternative to P90X ($60 compared with $150).
Jillian Michaels Fitness
Former Biggest Loser trainer is still very very popular.
Denise Austin - Fit Forever
A newer program from veteran fitness instructor Denise Austin. Aimed at weight loss and includes diet plans.
An intense 13-week program that is designed to assist dieters to lose weight and build muscle. It is used in conjunction with the P90X Workout Program that includes intensive resistance training routines. VERY popular.
Slim in 6
A well-advertised video-based program. Provides an eating plan, as well as extensive workout videos. Aims to improve your body in 6 weeks.
Pilates is more about toning and stretching muscles - but a good fitness program to include in your weight loss program.
Curves For Women
Franchised all-women fitness centers - based on circuit training. Appropriate for those looking for a slower pace, and a good way to meet others and make friends.
iPod and MP3 Workouts
- Cardio Coach - Sean O'Malley's popular cardio workouts (interval training). Highly Recommended.
- Fitness Songs - Small selection of workouts.
- FitPod - Blog/podcast site focusing on fitness routines for iPods, often providing free MP3 workouts.
- iAmplify - Wellness videos and audios plus other stuff.
- iTrain - Workouts from professional trainers.
- Jamcore Training - Downloadable and iPod-ready videos for strength training. Monthly fee.
- Jog Tunes - An iTunes affiliate site with music mixes for jogging.
- Marinas Audio Workout Center - Walking/aerobics workouts.
- Muscle Audio - Audio workouts that focus strictly on building muscle.
- Nextfit - Workouts from over 50 "world-class" trainers - monthly subscription.
- Pump One - Range of focused, predominantly resistance training, workouts.
- Sound Body Trainer - Small selection of workouts.
Free Exercise Tools
Calories Burned Calculator - Determine the number of calories burned for most physical activities.
Target Heart Rate - Calculates optimum heart rate for fat loss.
Last Updated 05 Sept. 2012