Lifestyle Cut Diet


The Lifestyle Cut Diet was created by Derek Chalebois, a competitive bodybuilder and certified personal trainer with a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science.

This program was designed for dieters who do not wish to compete in bodybuilding but who still want to lose fat and maintain a lean physique.

Lifestyle Cut Diet Basics

lifestyle-cut-dietThe goal of the Lifestyle Cut Diet is to keep the body burning calories at a high rate. The basis of the program is a low carbohydrate diet with small frequent meals because this promotes the continual burning of fat.

Because dieting is already stressful without trying to count every calorie that you eat, the program is based around counting servings of foods, rather than calories. Dieters are instructed to include in each meal 4-6 oz of lean protein, 1-2 cups of green vegetables and 10-20 grams of fat. Two or three pieces of fruit are to be consumed daily with meals.

The program includes a component of flexibility, which makes it easy to fit it around your schedule, and needs. You are asked to give 85% effort to follow the meal plan and then for the other 15% you can make your own decisions. Two or three cheat meals are allowed per week with calories at around 150% above your normal meal.

Several factors are highlighted as being very important:

  • Eating five to six small meals per day.
  • Never skipping a meal.
  • Eating good fat with every meal, especially carbohydrate meals.
  • Avoiding the combination of carbohydrates and proteins alone.

All of these elements help to keep your blood sugar and insulin levels balanced which in turn assists with metabolism and optimal fat burning.

Recommended Foods

Chicken, lean beef, turkey, tuna, eggs, @whey protein@, low fat milk, green beans, spinach, asparagus, broccoli, zucchini, lettuce, onions, mushrooms, grapefruit, apple, blueberries, mango, banana, whole-wheat bread, oatmeal, sweet potato, almonds, peanut butter, avocado, flaxseed and olive oil.

Sample Diet Plan


9 tablespoons egg white
2 whole eggs
1 cup cooked spinach and mushrooms
2 pieces whole-wheat toast

Morning Snack

Whey protein isolate
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 cup green beans
6.5 oz grapefruit


5 oz chicken
2/3 cups brown rice
1 cup broccoli
15-20 almonds

Afternoon Snack

Whey protein isolate


Whey protein isolate
2 tablespoons almond butter
1 cup green beans
6.5 oz grapefruit

Evening Snack

5 oz lean beef
2 oz avocado with added salsa
2 cups lettuce

Exercise Recommendations

Dieters are advised to undertake weight training four to five times a week. Detailed workout routines are included that can help you to develop muscle density, tone, definition, symmetry and strength.

30-45 minutes of low-intensity cardio should also be done either before or after every weight training session. Additional cardio can also be done on the days when you do not engage in strength exercises.

Costs and Expenses

The Lifestyle Cut Diet: The Final Diet You’ll Ever Need to be Lean and Healthy Forever is available online for free download from


  • Program is available for free.
  • Does not require dieters to completely eliminate their favorite foods.
  • May help to support balanced insulin levels.
  • Educates readers about proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
  • Includes information about the glycemic index of many common foods.
  • Includes lists of suggested foods.


  • Does not include a detailed meal plan or recipes.
  • Many dieters do not enjoy eating five or six times a day.
  • Will not appeal to dieters who don’t like to exercise.
  • Requires the use of supplements.


The Lifestyle Cut Diet will appeal to recreational bodybuilders as well as those who wish to achieve a bodybuilding physique without relying on extreme measures.

Although the program is fairly stringent it does allow for some flexibility, which reduces the risk of dietary boredom and may increase the likelihood of achieving long-term success.

 By Mizpah Matus B.Hlth.Sc(Hons)


Comments now closed