How to Lose Weight Forever!
How to Lose Weight Forever! is written by Karen Sessions, a former competitive bodybuilder and certified fitness instructor.
She says she has mastered the art of melting body fat through nutrition and exercise, with minimal help from supplements.
The methods she recommends will help you build and maintain lean muscle tissue while you lose fat, so as to keep your metabolism on fire.
Lose Weight Forever Diet Basics
The general dietary structure of this plan involves a high intake of protein with small, frequent meals, similar to that recommended in most bodybuilding style diets.
Dieters are encouraged to avoid overeating or skipping meals and to drink at least eight ounces of water with and between meals.
Sessions highlights six major aspects that must be addressed in order for dieters to lose weight and keep it off:
- Goal Setting
Making specific and detailed goals is a major factor necessary for successful weight loss.
- Cleansing your body
An excess of toxins can slow down your metabolism and even stall fat-loss efforts all together.
- Balancing your pH
Acidic conditions within the body can interfere with weight loss as well as triggering a variety of illnesses and degenerative diseases such as diabetes, osteoporosis, cancer and heart disease.
- Repairing your metabolism
Achieved by avoiding starvation diets as well as making periodic adjustments to your diet and exercise plan.
Carbohydrate cycling is a method of altering the intake of carbohydrates on a daily or weekly pattern that helps keep your metabolism fired up. Detailed charts are included in the book that explain how to implement this technique.
- Constructing an eating pattern that nurtures the body
Four program options are included: Weight Loss for the Obese, Weekly Carbohydrate Cycling, Daily Carbohydrate Cycling, and Counting Calories.
All of the programs are based on lean protein and complex carbohydrates with fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Adding exercise Sessions claims that the first secret to burning body fat more efficiently is to engage in cardio first thing in the morning after eating a light source of protein.
Fresh fruit, green vegetables, oatmeal, brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat pasta, legumes, sweet potato, eggs, fish, shrimp, poultry, beef, buffalo, whey protein, walnuts, cashews, peanut butter, avocado, olives, herbs and spices,
Sample Diet Plan
The following is an example of the Weight Loss Plan for the Obese:
Scrambled eggs and onions
(4-6 egg whites and 1-2 yolks)
Grilled shrimp salad on romaine lettuce
Grilled sirloin steak
Peppers and zucchini
Exercise is an essential component of this plan with dieters advised to undertake both cardiovascular exercise and resistance training four to five days a week. High intensity interval training is recommended to boost fat loss when experiencing a plateau.
The book includes descriptions of weight training exercises with photos as well as detailed exercise regimes for beginners to advanced exercisers.
Costs and Expenses
How to Lose Weight, Forever! is available as an eBook and retails at $39.95.
Click here to order or to learn more.
- Acknowledges the importance of goal setting for successful weight loss.
- Outlines the negative effects of fad diets.
- Includes inspirational success stories and photos of dieters who have successfully lost weight and transformed their bodies.
- Provides guidance on how to break through a weight loss plateau.
- Includes information about weight management during menopause.
- Utilizes portion control, which is a proven method for effective weight loss.
- Encourages the intake of low glycemic index carbohydrates.
- Provides information about supplements that may assist with weight loss.
- Highly restrictive and dieters may have to eliminate some of their favorite foods.
- A meal plan is not included for three of the program options.
- Some dieters do not enjoy eating five or six times a day.
- Does not include recipes.
- Does not provide adequate guidance or options for vegetarians.
How to Lose Weight, Forever! is similar to most bodybuilding style diets, but with a greater emphasis on avoiding toxins and the selection of a pure diet.
One of the strengths of this program includes suggestions made for breaking through a weight loss plateau, together with the instruction on how to implement carbohydrate cycling.
This program will appeal to dieters who enjoy weight training and do not wish to prepare complicated meals.
See How to Lose Weight Forever
- Sacks, F. M., Bray, G. A., Carey, V. J., Smith, S. R., Ryan, D. H., Anton, S. D., … & Williamson, D. A. (2009). Comparison of weight-loss diets with different compositions of fat, protein, and carbohydrates. New England Journal of Medicine, 360(9), 859-873. study link
- Babraj, J. A., Vollaard, N. B., Keast, C., Guppy, F. M., Cottrell, G., & Timmons, J. A. (2009). Extremely short duration high intensity interval training substantially improves insulin action in young healthy males. BMC Endocrine Disorders, 9(1), 3. study link
- Wing, R. R., Shiffman, S., Drapkin, R. G., Grilo, C. M., & McDermott, M. (1996). Moderate versus restrictive diets: Implications for relapse. Behavior therapy, 26(1), 5-24. study link
Last Reviewed: March 28, 2021